Thomas F. Torrance, The Apocalypse Today (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1959); #1959-138
Torrance, Thomas F. The Apocalypse Today. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1959; #1959-138
This first edition has 155 pages. Later reprinted in 188 pages in America and Great Britain (#1960-154).
"The expositions contained in this small volume were originally delivered as sermons during and after the war to the congregations of the Barony Church, Alyth, and Beechgrove Church, Aberdeen. They were not intended for publication, but appear now in the rough hortatory form in which they were delivered, at the request of many friends in both congregations and of numerous University students who have asked for a fresh and straightforward account of the meaning of the Apocalypse for today..." Preface, p. 5.
- Preface (p. 5)
- Table of Contents (p. 7)
- Apocalypse: Revelation 1 (p. 9)
- The Church on Earth: Revelation 2 and 3 (p. 16)
- Beyond Chaos: Revelation 4 (p. 27)
- The Secret of Destiny: Revelation 5 (p. 34)
- Ordeal by History: Revelation 6 (p. 42)
- Angels Behind the Scenes: Revelation 7 (p. 50)
- The Master Powers of History: Revelation 8 and 9 (p. 57)
- The Word of God and Time: Revelation 10 and 11:1-15 (p. 65)
- The Kingdom of Heaven Suffereth Violence: Revelation 11:16-19 and 12 (p. 73)
- The Mystery of Iniquity: Revelation 13 (p. 82)
- The Triumph of the Gospel: Revelation 14 (p. 91)
- The Wrath of the Lamb: Revelation 15 and 16 (p. 101)
- A Trinity of Evil: Revelation 17 and 18 (p. 110)
- The Lord God Omnipotent Reigneth: Revelation 19 (p. 123)
- The Silver Lining: Revelation 20 (p. 132)
- The New Heaven and the New Earth: Revelation 21 and 22:1-5 (p. 142)
Epilogue: The Water of Life. Revelation 22:6-21 (p. 151)
- PTS copy of the 1959 edition.
- OU copy of the 1960 edition donated by James B. Walker.