Torrance, Thomas F., ed., Theological Dialogue between Orthodox and Reformed Churches, vol. 1 (Edinburgh: Scottish Academic Press, 1985); #1985-453
Torrance, Thomas F., ed. Theological Dialogue Between Orthodox and Reformed Churches, vol. 1. 2 vols. Edinburgh: Scottish Academic Press, 1985; #1985-453
Preface, vii-viii: "The different papers that comprise this volume were read at three Consultations between Orthodox and Reformed Churchmen and Theologians, at Istanbul, July 26-30, 1979, at Geneva, February 15-18, 1981, and again at Geneva, March 6-11, 1983."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface, pp. vii-viii.
- Introduction, pp. ix-xxviii.
- Memoranda on Orthodox/Reformed relations / Thomas F. Torrance, pp. 3-18.
- God's immutability and communicability / Emilianos Timiadis, pp. 21-49.
- The authority of the church and authority in the church according to the Reformed tradition / Hans-Helmut Esser, pp. 50-57.
- Authority in the Orthodox church / Chrysostomos S. Konstantinidis, pp. 58-75.
- The Trinitarian foundation and character of faith and of authority in the church / Thomas F. Torrance, pp. 79-120.
- The Trinitarian structure of the church and its authority / Emilianos Timiadis, pp. 121-156.
- Agreed understanding of the theological development and eventual direction of the Orthodox/Reformed conversations leading to dialogue, pp. 157-158.
- PTS copy.
- OU copy donated by Robert T. Walker.