Thomas F. Torrance, Divine Interpretation: Studies in Medieval and Modern Hermeneutics, ed. Adam Nigh and Todd Speidell (Eugene, Oregon: Pickwick Publications, 2017); #2017-TFT-1
Torrance, Thomas F. Divine Interpretation: Studies in Medieval and Modern Hermeneutics. Edited by Adam Nigh and Todd Speidell. Thomas F. Torrance Collected Studies, 2. Eugene, Oregon: Pickwick Publications, 2017; #2017-TFT-1
"The essays of this volume may also be read as a companion piece to T. F. Torrance's Divine Meaning..." Todd Speidell, Preface and Acknowledgments, p. vii.
The editor's preface states: "We decided to preserve the original customs and preferences of T. F. Torrance regarding spelling, punctuation, and capitalization. We have made only minor and occasional changes to ensure consistency and clarity and to correct errors introduced by the scanning process of these essays."
With an Introduction, "The History of Hermeneutics according to T. F. Torrance," by Adam Nigh, pp. 1-9, which surveys Torrance's published and unpublished writings on hermeneutics.
Preface and Acknowledgments, Todd Speidell, vii.
Introduction: The History of Hermeneutics according to T. F. Torrance, Adam Nigh, 1. #2017-AN-1
Part 1: Foundations for the History of Hermeneutics
- ch. 1: Thomas F. Torrance, "Biblical Hermeneutics and General Hermeneutics," 11-19; #2017-TFT-1a
- ch. 2: Thomas F. Torrance, "The Complex Background of Biblical Interpretation," 20-43; #2017-TFT-1b
- ch. 3: Thomas F. Torrance, "Karl Barth and the Latin Heresy," 44-67; #2017-TFT-1c
Part 2: Medieval and Early Modern Hermeneutics
- ch. 4: Thomas F. Torrance, "The Place of Word and Truth in Theological Inquiry according to St Anselm," 69-96; #2017-TFT-1d
- ch. 5: Thomas F. Torrance, "Scientific Hermeneutics according to St Thomas Aquinas," 97-131; #2017-TFT-1e
- ch. 6: Thomas F. Torrance, "The Hermeneutics of John Reuchlin, 1455-1522," 132-150; #2017-TFT-1f
- ch. 7: Thomas F. Torrance, "The Hermeneutics of Erasmus," 151-179; #2017-TFT-1g
- ch. 8: Thomas F. Torrance, "Hermeneutics according to F. D. E. Schleiermacher," 180-190; #2017-TFT-1h
- ch. 9: Thomas F. Torrance, "Karl Barth, Theologian of the Word," 191-223; #2017-TFT-1i
General index. Scripture index.