Thomas F. Torrance, Karl Barth: An Introduction to His Early Theology, 1910-1931 (London: SCM Press; New York: Harper & Row, 1962); #1962-177
Torrance, Thomas F. Karl Barth: An Introduction to His Early Theology, 1910-1931. The Preacher's Library. London: SCM Press; New York: Harper & Row, 1962; #1962-177
Dedicated "To the memory of Hugh Ross Mackintosh who first introduced me to Karl Barth."
Preface, p. 9.
Abbreviations, p. 11.
Part One: Karl Barth: The Man and His Work.
I. Early Life, p. 15.
II. Personal Characteristics, p. 19.
Part Two: The Development of Barth's Theology.
III. The New Starting Point, p. 33.
IV. From Dialectical to Dogmatic Thinking, p. 48.
1. Dialectical Theology, p. 48.
2. The Theology of the Word, p. 95.
3. Christian Dogmatics, p. 105.
V. Transition to Church Dogmatics, p. 133.
1. Re-examination of Christian Dogmatics, p. 133.
2. The Problem of Philosophy, p. 148.
3. Theology in its own Right, p. 180.
Part Three: Barth's Place in Modern Theology.
VI. The Barthian Revolution, p. 201.
1. The New Direction in Protestant Theology, p. 201.
2. The Centrality of the Incarnation, p. 204.
3. Jesus Christ and Culture, p. 208.
Selected Bibliography, p. 219.
Index of Names, p. 223.
Index of Subjects, p. 225.