Thomas F. Torrance, Transformation and Convergence in the Frame of Knowledge: Explorations in the Interrelations of Scientific and Theological Enterprise (Belfast: Christian Journals, 1984); #1984-433
Torrance, Thomas F. Transformation and Convergence in the Frame of Knowledge: Explorations in the Interrelations of Scientific and Theological Enterprise. Belfast: Christian Journals, 1984; #1984-433
Preface, p. xiv: "I owe it to my readers to point out that this book now takes the place of another which I had projected under the title of Integration and Interpretation in Natural and in Theological Science. [cf. Space, Time and Resurrection, p. 184.] The composition of that book had to be changed as the chapters dealing with hermeneutics were taken out and published separately under the title Reality and Evangelical Theology, but this has given me the opportunity to include several other essays in this volume which bear more positively upon the overall theme."
Chapter entry records here are given here for both the Belfast and Grand Rapids editions in a combined form together, with the same McGrath number. The Belfast and Grand Rapids editions have the same contents and pagination.
Included in the Logos Select Works of Thomas F. Torrance collection, #2018-TFT-1-Logos.
- Preface; #1984-433a
- The making of the "modern" mind from Descartes and Newton to Kant; #1984-433c
- The integration of form in natural and in theological science; #1984-433d
- The place of Michael Polanyi in the modern philosophy of science; #1984-433e
- The open universe and the free society; #1984-433f
- Ultimate beliefs and the scientific revolution; #1984-433g
- Christian faith and physical science in the thought of James Clerk Maxwell; #1984-433h
- Christian theology in the context of scientific change; #1984-433i
- Newton, Einstein and scientific theology; #1984-433j
- Natural theology in the thought of Karl Barth; #1984-433k
- Truth and authority in the church; #1984-433m
- Immortality and light; #1984-433n